We know that it can be a little bit stressful when thinking about going to the auto repair shop. However, the most important thing to remember is that you are in charge of your own vehicle, and that you can ask as many questions as you would like about your vehicle before agreeing to any work. Here at MotorHaus, one of our priorities is making sure that you are comfortable at our shop and always have your questions answered regarding your vehicle.
Here are some common questions that can be asked at the auto repair shop to out your mind at ease:
- Are your mechanics licensed and/or trained? – It is always a good idea to ask if the shop’s mechanics are licensed or certified. This will give you peace of mind that the staff working on your vehicle know what they are doing.
- Can you show me what is wrong with my vehicle? – Don’t be afraid to ask for details about what is actually wrong with your vehicle. This will give you the opportunity to understand the repair and do more research yourself.
- Can I have an estimate of the work? – Don’t be afraid to ask for an estimate of any work that the shop is recommending. You reserve the right to deny any work if you feel that it is out of your budget.
- Do you offer a warranty? – Many shops will either have an in-house warranty or a warranty on specific parts, which can be a good option for you if you want to have peace of mind that your repairs are covered.
- Do you have a shuttle service or loaner vehicles? – If you need a ride while your vehicle is repaired, don’t be afraid to ask if there is a shuttle service or loaner vehicles available.
- Do you offer financing? – Most shops offer financing, which can be very helpful if your car needs a very large repair.
Don’t shy away from asking questions at your next visit to the shop. At MotorHaus, we take pride in transparency and helping our customers completely understand their vehicle and the work that is needed.